Thanksgiving Farm Stand Hours:
The farm stand will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 26th and 27th
Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association Low Impact Forestry Workshop.
Rich will be an instructor along with our horse Tony at this year's Low Impact Forestry Workshop on the MOFGA fairgrounds, November 19th -22nd.
This workshop includes:
* Managing woodlands for sustained economic and ecological value
* Planning and carrying out timber harvests
* Woodland species ID and characteristics
* Minimizing residual stand damage
* Adding value to your forest products
To learn more visit:
Time: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Beyond the Field Edge Farming and Maine’s Most Perennial Crop - Richmond
Location: Enterprise Grange Hall & Tender Soles Farm, Richmond
We’ll examine how knowledge of soil characteristics can help guide where to farm and where to grow trees. We’ll also talk about what’s good to know about the woods on your farm, and where to get assistance to find out. This event is free of charge; morning refreshments provided; lunch is provided by the Grange and sponsored by Maine Farmland Trust.
- David Rocque, State Soil Scientist, Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry (DACF)
- Steph Gilbert, Farmland Specialist, DACF
- Shane Duigan, District Forester, Maine Forest Service (MFS), DACF
- Andy Shultz, Landowner Outreach Forester, MFS, DACF
- Rich Lee & Kate Del Vecchio, proprietors of Tender Soles Farm
Cider Pressing, Open Farm Day and Pot Luck
Join us on October 10th between 2pm and 6pm for a good-ol' fashioned cider pressing here at the farm. This has proved to be an amazing apple year- so bring your apples (not sprayed) and containers for holding your cider. We have a lot of apple trees here so if you don't have apples come over and help us collect ours. We will give a farm tour and have some food and drinks available, but bring some of your own to enjoy and share.